Our team loves supporting organizations that help encourage and bring new people in to the world of software development and technology. Here were some organizations we supported in the last twelve months:
- BitCamp GR - we provided financial support and time to help middle school girls learn how to program. The training they received helped them to program a website using HTML and CSS. The feedback from the girls was very positive and several girls are now interested in pursuing software development for their career.
- First Robotics - we provided financial support to help students use S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) curriculum to build robots. The support was used for 40 students to learn how to develop a robot and compete in a state-wide competition. Overall, the feedback from the students was very positive.
- SoftwareGR - we hosted a group of 50 developers to learn about problem solving in software. Josh Hulst was the keynote speaker.
- Grand Valley State University Department of Computer Science - we provided financial support directly to the university to encourage computer science and software development.
- University of Michigan Engineering Career Resource Center - provided financial support directly to the university.
- Ada Tinsel, Treats, and Trolleys - provided financial support for the event.
- Ada Beers on the Bridge - provided financial support for the event.
- Ada Trunk or Treat - provided financial support for the event.
- WCSG - provided financial support for the non-profit radio station.
- Weekend for Good - donated to the event.
- MichiganLabs sponsored the Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference. The event was held on May 20, 2019, and was to learn how artificial intelligence is being embraced and applied to change how industries think, learn, and grow.
- Beer City Code will be May 31 to June 1. It is a two-day polyglot software development conference in Grand Rapids, Mich.— the mi-crobrewery capital of the United States. With over 500 attendees experiencing more than 50 sessions and day-long workshops focused on all the different aspects of software development, Beer City Code will be a must-attend event for software professionals from all over the Midwest and the U.S. MichiganLabs will be a title sponsor and will be donating tickets for youth in the community to attend for free.
- Midwest UX will be October 10 to October 12. MWUX is all about reframing our reality—our job, our community, our capabilities, and the future of UX. MichiganLabs will be a title sponsor.
Interested in a sponsorship request? Email Us